Saturday, November 10, 2007

Amazing Grace

The other evening while perusing through some blogs, I came across a video by Chris Tomlin, "Amazing Grace". Tears welled as the song unfolded and I sat quietly for a moment, taken completely by surprise by the warm emotion that enveloped me.

Now, I am not one to expose my faith or beliefs in the general arena of life. In fact, I hold them very close to my heart. I wouldn't normally have considered posting a song or video from a specific faith or belief, and only because that isn't the focus of this blog. But there it was - sweet, haunting, melodic - and then I found myself humming it softly to my granddaughter later that evening as she curled up next to me on the sofa.

Then, it hit me. This year of my life has been all about amazing grace. There have been crumbling walls, breaking chains and unfolding wings. It has been about renewal, belief and grounding. So really, there is no better place to share this song than on a blog that represents some of my deepest passions and most profound growth - as a woman and as an artist.

My sister Eva used to give us "Saturday" gifts. They were not tied to any specific event and were always amazing treasures. This is my Saturday gift to you. Sit back for a moment, scroll down to the video and enjoy the music. It is truly one of the most beautiful renditions I have ever heard. As you listen, ponder on your own defining moments of amazing grace and unending love and pass it on.

All the best,
Kate

No comments:

Heritage Scrap Designs by Kate McClellan

My Layout Artistry